I've decided to improve my observational drawing skills by drawing objects I find while out and about. Today I found an interesting feather to draw.
I've been working on a new assemblage piece called Ghost Cube. I wanted a creepy tiled floor complete with a dirty drain cover. The tiles are made out of polymer clay which I affixed to a piece of wood using tub caulking. I grouted the tiles with the caulk as well. Then I attached a drain cover I bought from Home Depot that I scuffed up and tried to make look old and yucky. After everything dried I started in with plenty of acrylic paint washes over the whole thing. It measures about 3 x 5 inches and is all set to be installed!