I started a new cigar box build over the weekend. This time I'm working on a ukulele. I got the neck, tuners, strings, bridge and nut from a kit I bought on Grizzly.com. The fretboard is going to be cut from a piece of basswood and I bought fret wire from StewMac. I was originally going to use an Arturo Fuente cigar box, but I've changed my mind and am using an old Royalists one instead.
First I drew a template for the fretboard. I then traced the image onto my basswood and cut it out with a coping saw.
I laid out the frets by tracing the spacing from another ukulele I have. Then I used my coping saw to cut the slots into the fretboard. More to come this week!